Exhibition Hall Synagogue
of the City Museum and Gallery in Hranice
Former Jewish synagogue was built on the site of an older building in the 1860s in Moorish-Byzantine style. Today it is in possession of the Czechoslovak Hussite Church. Since 1943 it has served the purposes of the Museum and since reconstruction in 1994-5, the City Museum and Gallery have used it for exhibitions with an orientation towards modern Czech and Slovak plastic arts. Occasionally, they give concerts of classical music, both instrumental and choral, featuring Czech plastic arts.