Categories: Town Hall
The Town Hall is the dominating feature of the north side of Republic Square. This Renaissance style jewel was built according to the plans of Italian master builder Giovanni de Statia from 1554 -1559. From 1907-12 the Town Hall was modified and decorated with sgraffito according to the plans of architect Jan Koula. The original Renaissance Mazhauz has beautiful comb vaults; there are hooks and rings in the ceiling, which served to store fire-fighting equipment. The Mazhauz is used for occasional exhibitions, which can be seen free of charge, as can the model of the historical centre of the town in the rear room.