The Monastery Church Of St. Adalbert

The first written information on the monastery church of St. Adalbert dates back to 1357 when it was built in Gothic style with a double nave leading to a polygonal chancel, two towers- one with a clock and the smaller tower with a belfry on the north side of the chancel. The church was destroyed by fire and master builder Martin Allia rebuilt it in Baroque style in 1684 - 1694. The interior is the work of renowned Baroque artists- stuccos by Soldati, frescos by J.J. Steinfels and of sculptors M. Jaeckel and K.Hiernle. The altar paintings in its six lateral chapels made by V.V. Reiner.

World Map Aerial Panoramas
Restaurants Hotels Trips Entertainment Companies