The monumental neo-Renaissance building of the West Bohemia Museum was built from 1897-1902 according to the plans of Josef Škorpil.. The actual museum collection contains more than 2 million items. The collection of stone portals from demolished buildings in the mineral exhibition and the monumental staircase are also worthy of attention. A permanent exhibition of the town armoury is located in the museum mineral exhibition, this is the best-preserved town armoury in Bohemia. The largest Gothic collection of guns – harquebus – in town armouries is a European rarity.