Built by the Romans in the early first century after Christ, the Gavi Arch is a rare example of private citizens dedicated to honorary arch: an arch quadrifronte, made using white stone blocks arranged in rows. Has a structure with two main and two secondary sides. Although its shape is similar to the triumphal arches, it is a celebratory arch that was built to honor some members of the family Gavia, which got permission to build it at their own expense on a public land. Its location is very prestigious because just there ends Via Postumia (an important road which during the Roman Era connected Genoa with the Adriatic Sea). Lost its commemorative function, it became one of the gates to enter the city of Verona, inserted within the city walls as the New Port of San Zeno. Initially, the Gavi Arch was placed in a different position, in front of the clock tower of Castelvecchio along the actual Corso Cavour, where the original positions of the pillars are still visible on the cobblestones. It was dismantled in one day, August 29, 1805, from Napoleonic occupation troops they thought would hinder the transit of military tanks, and was then reassembled in its current location in 1932. The erroneous identification of its creator with the famous Roman architect Vitruvius Pollio, he increased his fame during the Renaissance and was studied by numerous artists, including Bellini, Mantegna, Palladio, Serlio, Sanmicheli and Jibs. The true creator, whose name is on the left pillar facing the prospect of the river is actually Cerdon Lucius Vitruvius, a student of the famous imperial architect.